A query is a request for information from your Zendesk data. For example, you might want to ask "How many support tickets do I have that are in an open state?". Explore enables you to create and store multiple queries in the Queries library. You can then arrange these queries on dashboards which you can share with others.
This topic shows you how to create a new, blank query from the Queries library using two different methods.
You can create a new report directly from the Queries library. The Queries library includes all of your created and cloned reports. You must have added a dataset or duplicated a dashboard to add a query from the Queries library (see Choosing and creating datasets or Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards).
To learn more about creating queries you can either watch this video or read the instructions below.
To create a query
- Click the Queries library icon ().
- Click the New query button.
- Click the dataset containing the information you want to use in your report.
For help choosing a dataset, see Choosing and creating datasets.
You will automatically be redirected to Query Builder.
Creating queries from datasets
You can create new, blank queries from a dataset. To add queries from a dataset, you must connect to a Zendesk Support dataset (see Choosing and creating datasets or Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards).
- Click the Dataset library icon ().
- Hover over the dataset you would like to create a query from.
- Click the Settings icon () to the right of the dataset name.
- Select New query from this... from the drop-down list.
Query Builder opens with a blank query.