When you create or edit a query in Explore, the changes you make do not automatically save. You must save the query yourself.
Note: By default, you query will be named based on the metrics and attributes you add. You can enter a new name in the Query name text box above the Filters panel.
To save a query
- In Query Builder, with a query open, click Save.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Save Saves the current query.
- Add to Dashboard: Adds your query to a new or existing dashboard. Your query will also be saved to the queries library. For help creating dashboards, see Creating dashboards.
- Clone: Creates an editable copy of the query.
- Export Creates a CSV, image, PDF, or Excel file of your query. Exporting your query will not save it to the Queries library.
- Once saving completes, a confirmation message is displayed.