When you create or edit a query in Explore, the changes you make do not automatically save. You must Save the query yourself.
Note: By default, you query will be named based on the metrics and attributes you add. You can enter a new name in the Query name text box above Columns.
To save a query
- In Query Builder, and with a query open, click Save.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Update query Appears if you are editing an existing query.
- Save as new to dashboard: Adds your query to a new or existing dashboard. Your query will also be saved to the Queries library. For information on creating a dashboard, see Creating dashboards.
- Save as new in the Queries library: Saves your query to the Queries library (). The Queries library stores all saved queries. You can share queries from the Queries library (see Sharing queries).
- Export Provides a CSV, image, PDF, or Excel file of your query. Exporting your query will not save it to the Queries library.
- After you finish saving, you'll see a confirmation message at the top right of your screen.