Explore dashboards provide a customizable space for organizing and sharing queries. Dashboards are built in the Dashboard Builder. Similar to Explore's other builders, the Dashboard Builder is an interactive tool for adding, customizing, and sharing dashboards.
This article will instruct you on how to create new, empty dashboards. For information on customizing pre-built dashboards, see Duplicating pre-built and shared dashboards.
Adding a new dashboard in the Query Builder
You can create new, empty dashboards directly from the Query Builder. This is useful if you are working on a query that you plan to add to a new dashboard once finished.
To create a new dashboard with a query
- In the Query Builder, click the Save button on the top toolbar.
- Select Save as new to dashboard.
- Enter your dashboard's name.
- Click Save.
After the confirmation message appears in the right corner, the new dashboard's name will be shown in the top toolbar of the Query Builder.
- Click the dashboard name to open the dashboard.
Adding a new dashboard from the Dashboards library
You can also create new, blank dashboards in the Dashboards library. If you are basing your workflow on creating dashboards rather than reports, this could be the most effective option.
- Click on the Dashboards library icon () on the left side bar.
- Click the New dashboard button in the upper-right corner.
You will be redirected to your new dashboard.