Explore dashboards provide a customizable space for organizing and sharing information. Dashboards are built in the Dashboard Builder. Dashboard Builder is an interactive tool for adding, customizing, and sharing dashboards.
This article help you to learn the two methods for creating new, empty dashboards. For help customizing pre-built dashboards, see Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards.
Creating a dashboard from Query Builder
You can create new, empty dashboards directly from Query Builder. This is useful if you are working on a query that you plan to add to a new dashboard once finished.
To create a new dashboard from a query
- Open or create a query in Query Builder.
- Click Save > Save as new to dashboard.
- To save to a new dashboard, select a new dashboard, and then enter your dashboard's name.
- To save to an existing dashboard, select an existing dashboard, then choose the dashboard you want.
- Click Save.
After the confirmation message appears in the right corner, the new dashboard's name will be shown in the top toolbar of the Query Builder page. Additionally, you can find the query on the Queries page.
- Click the dashboard name to open the dashboard.
Creating a dashboard from the Dashboards library
You can also create new, blank dashboards in the Dashboards library. If you are basing your workflow on creating dashboards rather than reports, this could be the most effective option.
- Click on the Dashboards library icon () on the left side bar.
- Click New dashboard.
You are redirected to your new dashboard.