In Explore, every filter, query, or other object you add to your dashboard is called a widget. Use this article to find out how to add and arrange widgets on your dashboard.
This article contains the following sections:
There are two types of widgets you can add, static and interactive.
- Static widgets will not affect query results or how users interact with your dashboard. Static widgets include images, text, shapes, queries, and tabs. For information about adding a query to a dashboard, see Adding a query to your dashboard.
- Interactive widgets enable users to set what query results to view and how to view them. With interactive widgets, viewers can change a queries' metrics or attributes, filter results, and use global variables.
You can add both static and interactive widgets in the same location, but interactive widgets might require additional configuration steps.
- In Dashboard Builder, click the Dashboard menu on the top toolbar.
- Click Add.
- Select the widget you want from the drop-down list.
The widget is added to your dashboard. You can drag-and-drop the widget anywhere you want in the dashboard, and drag the corners of the widget to change its size.
If you add several widgets to your dashboard, Explore offers features that help you align your widgets.
Below are the available features:
- Grid lines displays red lines to indicate where your widgets are located. These grid lines only appear if you add more than one widget. The feature will activate whenever you move a widget.
Automatically reorganize widgets rearranges your widgets to fill the entire tab. Automatically reorganize widgets will replace any custom sizes or positions you entered. To use this feature click Automatically reorganize widgets () in Tab options at the top of the Dashboard Builder.Note: Before you use this option, set your tab dimension or select Tab options> Fit tab to screen ().