In Explore, you cannot customize pre-built and shared dashboards. However, you can clone a dashboard to create an editable copy of the dashboard, all of its queries, and the datasets it uses. You can then modify the dashboard's existing queries or create new queries from the dashboard's datasets.
Note: Only editors and admins can clone dashboards.
To clone your pre-built dashboard
- Open the Dashboard library ().
- Click the Settings icon () to the right of the dashboard name.
- Select Clone from the drop-down list.
- Enter a new name for your dashboard.
- Choose whether you also want to clone the queries and datasets associated with the dashboard.
Tip: Typically, you won't need to clone the datasets associated with the dashboard. However, you might need to do this if you've customized the dataset or added custom metrics and attributes.
- Click Clone.
The dashboard, queries, and datasets will be duplicated and appear in their respective libraries.