In Explore, you can access your Zendesk Support data by connecting to different datasets. Datasets represent the different Zendesk Support data models, and contain different metrics and attributes relevant to the data model. When you connect to a Zendesk Support data source, you can select a different datasets.
About Zendesk Support datasets
This section will define the available datasets in Explore. For information on adding a new Zendesk Support dataset, see Connecting to Zendesk Support datasets
- Zendesk Support contains all of your ticket data, such as the number of reopens, first reply time, and ticket tags. This excludes any ticket updates like text field changes. The Zendesk Support dataset is used on the Overview pre-built dashboard.
- Zendesk Support Ticket Events contains all of your elements relating to changes and updates in tickets. The Ticket Events dataset and Tickets dataset contain some overlap in elements. The Zendesk Support Ticket Events dataset is used on the Leaderboard and Agent Activity dashboards.
Connecting to Zendesk Support datasets
To access different elements, you will need to connect to different Zendesk Support datasets. The easiest way to connect to a Zendesk Support dataset is to duplicate a dashboard containing elements from that dataset (see Duplicating pre-built and shared dashboards), but you can also connect to datasets in the Data sources library.
- Click the Data sources library icon () on the left sidebar.
- Select the data source type you would like to connect to.
- Select the dataset you would like to connect to. For information on the different metrics and attributes included in each dataset, see Zendesk Explore metric and attribute reference.
- Enter a name.
- Click the Done button int the upper-right corner.
Your instance will automatically be added to the list in the Data sources library. A confirmation message will appear in the upper-right corner. You will be redirected to the Query Builder.