We improve the Explore platform every day by releasing new features and squashing bugs. Here are the main changes that will be visible to you. If you have any additional suggestion for improvements, don’t hesitate to post them on the Product Feedback forum.
May 25th, 2018
It's been a really long time since I have updated this change log, and I apologize to the community. We've been super busy shipping stuff - and I'll summarize the key updates here. I'll resume posting weekly updates from now on.
- After a LOT of hard work, we finally managed to solve data integrity issues related to Tickets & Ticket Events. You can now rely on the data in your accounts. Please bear in mind that we refresh your data every 1hr - so you may get fresher data than in GoodData. If you have any question, issue: email@example.com.
- We are automatically provisioning and sharing an instance of all datasets matching your products / plans. This means you'll be able to easily share your custom metrics/attributes and queries with your colleagues!
- Tickets: we have added quite a few things - including latest satisfaction, requester emails etc. And we renamed quite a few of them to make them more understandable. If you have any question or suggestion - again, don't hesitate to reach out!
- We have also released a new dataset for Support Enterprise customers: Ticket History Backlog. It takes a snapshot of your unsolved tickets at midnight (as per your account timezone) according to predefined dimensions (group, status, priority, channel etc.). Some of you have requested the possibility to add custom fields to this backlog - but that's currently not possible. If that's important for you, don't hesitate to post your feedback on the Product Feedback forum.
- After a lot of experimentation, we have decided to merge all Support dashboards into one single Zendesk Support dashboard. This will make it easier for you to grasp your overall Support operations.
- Folders of metrics & attributes are now collapsed by default - but you can search anything. This will give you a better overview of what you can explore.
- You can now copy metric values in grid - so that you can use it anywhere else
- We have introduced more granular formatting for grids ("conditional cell formatting). You can now decide to style background color, prefix, precision etc based on each metric. You'll find more information here
- We have improved the dashboarding experience by making the key actions more prominent (add widget, share, publish - and schedule a delivery!)
- We have also improved the experience by changing default values (fixed width, centered, etc.) which will make it easier for you to build good looking dashboards
- We have improved the dashboard viewing experience by making the key actions more prominent (edit, share, clone etc.)
- If a dashboard includes a query that has then be deleted, we are now displaying a nice visual
- As all Zendesk products, we are GDPR compliant. All visible data related to your end-users & agents will automatically be scrubbed within 24hrs, while data that is used in caches for performance optimization purposes will be deleted after 90 days.
December 22nd, 2017
- Dashboard builder / text widget - we fixed the frustrating issue that prevented the overflow actions from appearing. Feel free to pimp your text as you see fit!
December 15th, 2017
- Whenever deleting a datasource or query, we are now listing the dashboards that will be impacted so that you know the consequences of that deletion.
December 8th, 2017
- Dashboard builder / image widget - we fixed the issues that prevented from being able to import images which names contain spaces or are very (very) long.
- Query builder / datatips - datatips were not updated when re-ordering attributes. That's now fixed!
December 1st, 2017
Admin pages improvements
- We re-ordered the admin pages in order to make it easier for you to share dashboards and connections. The dashboards permissions are now first - one click away to share with your team. We have also cleaned up the Account Information tab.
- ZD account owner changes - we fixed issues when changing the ZD account owner.
- Dashboard builder / image widget - we fixed issues preventing from copying / pasting images in a dashboard.
- Query builder - we fixed unfortunate freezes when editors opened menus too quickly.
November 24th, 2017
- Explore is now available in over 20 languages!
- Saving queries - the edition of queries from a dashboard led to a frustrating freeze of the query builder. Finally fixed!
November 17th, 2017
- We now display a nice visual in a dashboard when a widget refers to a query that's been deleted.
- Query builder - the column chart was unexpectedly shrinking whenever a different value. was selected in the Column chart shrinks whenever you select a different value in the row selector.
November 10th, 2017
- Zendesk Talk - we have released a first version of connectors and dashboards to help you analyse your Zendesk Talk.
August 25th, 2017
- Fix Top/Bottom filter - the issues with the information returned as a result of the use of top/bottom are now solved!
- Settings page - we removed the account owner information from the Explore Settings page to avoid confusion.
August 11th, 2017
- Query Builder changes loss - by popular demand, we have introduced a confirmation pop-up whenever you try to exit the Query Builder with unsaved changes. Hopefully you won't be unexpectedly losing your work!
- Custom metrics and attributes navigation - in order to shorten the access to your custom metrics and attributes, we have re-ordered them in the Query Builder. Your calculated metrics and attributes are listed first, followed by metrics and attributes based on your custom ticket fields, followed by Zendesk default metrics and attributes.
- Table vertical scrolling - you can finally scroll over your attributes (and metrics).
- Custom ticket metrics and attributes disappearance - custom ticket fields were no longer visible in the Query Builder. This is now fixed, you can again analyse your customer experience through your ticket fields!
July 28th, 2017
Zendesk Support dashboards
- We enhanced the designs of all dashboards to improve their readability. Don't hesitate to reach out with any improvement suggestions!
July 21st, 2017
Zendesk Support datasets
- Ticket custom fields - by popular demand, we are now displaying field names instead of tags when analysing ticket fields. Much easier to read!
- We have deployed a new datacenter in Ireland, which is connected to Zendesk EU Pods.
- Precanned dashboard issues - the execution of some queries in precanned dashboards failed. Everything is back to normal.
July 14th, 2017
- Editor authorization - we released a new version of the authorization page in order to scale smoothly to handle large teams of editors.
July 7th, 2017
- Totals - by popular demand, you can now decide what aggregator should be applied when calculating sub-totals or grand totals.
- Images in dashboards - you can now add images to your dashboards.
- Access issues - we fixed sporadic issues related to cookie sizes preventing access to Explore.
June 30th, 2017
Zendesk Support dashboards
- We have released the Customer Satisfaction and Team Efficiency dashboards, which will help you identify knowledge gaps, customers at risks and much more. More information in this announcement.
- We have improved the Web Widget so that it automatically suggests relevant Help Center articles based on what you are currently doing.
June 23rd, 2017
- We have removed the SUMX aggregator.
- Deleted admins & agents in Zendesk are now also deleted in Explore.
- Some of you reported issues when loading Explore. These are now fixed. Please give us a shout if you face any problem.
- When using the "Change Attribute" feature in a dashboard, some labels were unfortunately cut-off. This is no longer an issue.
- We have fixed the positions of the tooltips displayed during the onboarding so they can clearly help new users discover functionality.
June 16th, 2017
- We have released a new Text Widget editor which will address the bugs and improvement suggestions that you have raised. The new editor is only available when creating new text widgets, existing widgets are not impacted.
- By popular demand, we are showing in the respective lists who last updated the dashboard / query / datasource. This will apply to new resources only.
- As expected, renamed values are now displayed correctly when using Explosions.
June 2nd, 2017
- Your Zendesk data is streamed and ingested in Google BigQuery. We have migrated the connectors to use Standard SQL in order to benefit from additional functions like median. COUNT(DISTINCT <expr>) is finally scalable and accurate! You'll find more information on Google's documentation.
- Dashboard editor - we are now closing the tooltip when adding widgets to a dashboard.
May 26th, 2017
- We have improved the loading times of data filters. You now wait less and can analyse more!
- Custom fields disappearance - custom fields disappeared this week. They are back! Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
May 19th, 2017
- Quick pivoting - as suggested on the product feedback forum, you can now easily experiment with different layouts of your data to discover what representation works best. You can switch your rows and columns in one click!
- Data filters scrolling - we fixed the issues with long data filters that were not scrollable.
May 5th, 2017
- Default aggregators - as suggested on the product feedback forum, we have updated the Zendesk Support Tickets and Ticket Events connectors with the aggregators that make sense to each built-in metric. As a result, the default aggregator for the # Tickets is finally a COUNT! This is available in all Zendesk data sources that you will be creating from now on.
- CSAT and NPS - due to some issues, we have removed both connectors. We'll re-enable them as soon as the issues are resolved. Thanks for your patience!
- Unexpected logouts - we have fixed the issue where some users were being unexpectedly logged out.
- Internal Server Errors - we have resolved some issues that led to the "Internal Server Error" pop-up. If you still face issues, please reach out to us!
April 21st, 2017
- Boolean custom fields - fixed issues when analysing custom field attributes that have boolean values. This fix is only available for new datasources.
April 14th, 2017
Dashboard scheduled deliveries
- We have improved the information you receive by email when a dashboard could not be delivered.
- Line chart - fixed issues when applying data filters on charts with multiple metrics.
- Date range calculated metric - when creating new metrics, the selected aggregator is now applied instead of the default SUM aggregator.
April 7th, 2017
- Aggregators: By popular demand, we have introduced the possibility to define what aggregators (COUNT, SUM etc.) are available for each metric, and which one should be the default. We'll soon apply it on all pre-canned dashboards. More information here.
March 31st, 2017
- Support ticket: We introduced the following new attributes
- Ticket Assignee Id: the current ID of the user to which the ticket is assigned.
- Tickets Organization Id: the ID of the organization that submitted the ticket.
- Requesters End Users: List of active End Users who submitted tickets.
- "Between" function: When creating custom metrics, you can now verify if a given numerical value is within a predefined range.
- We introduced Zendesk Web Widget in order to help you get timely answers to your questions.
- Dashboard design: Fixed issues on widget layout and positioning when "snap to grid" option is enabled.
- Dashboard sharing invitation: Fixed email's subject line to display the sender's full name.
- Visualisation charts: Fixed rendering issues on treemaps.
March 24th, 2017
- “New query” button: By popular demand, we have added a “new query” button on the “Queries” page, significantly improving the discoverability of the query creation. More information here.
- Simplified query import: When adding a query to a dashboard, you’ll be able to easily browse and search through all your queries, regardless of the underlying data sources. More information here.
- Live dashboards: Fixed flickering effect upon application of a filter.
- Dashboard design: Fixed pop-up listing available queries to close when navigating outside the pop-up.
March 17th, 2017
- Responsive table widgets: You can finally ensure that tables will leverage the full width that you set for a widget. When enabled, column widths will be evenly distributed to fill the widget. This is available in the query’s chart configuration: uncheck the “fit to content” column option and check “responsive columns”. By default, this option is disabled.
- Badges: Badges displayed at the top of each list (dashboards, queries and data sources) now reflect the current number of items visible.
March 10th, 2017
- Faster loading time: We worked hard to speed up the loading times of each list (dashboards, queries, and data sources). They are now 3x faster!
- Snap to grid: To simplify the accurate positioning and alignment of widgets on your dashboards, you can now show a grid and align widgets to grid lines. This option is available in the dashboard menu. It is disabled for previously created dashboards but enabled by default for new dashboards.
- Drill-through: In addition to being able to drill-through on values that were not set, you can also now drill-through on empty values.
Feb 22nd, 2017
New Zendesk Support datasets
- Custom ticket fields: You can create custom reports using custom ticket fields. This is available both through the "tickets" dataset, as well as the "tickets events" dataset. Please note: custom fields in the "tickets events" dataset are currently available through their IDs only
- Next time you login in Zendesk Explore, you’ll notice a series of new getting started steps. Follow along and let us know if they’re helpful!
Zendesk Explore Help Center
- Learn more about using Explore with our new documentation. You can also find product updates in Announcements and chat with other Explore users in our community. Be sure to bookmark explore.zendesk.com and check out our new Getting started guide!
Sharing dashboards with Support groups
- You can now share dashboards with anyone or any group on your Support team (but remember, you need to enable Explore for them first)