Explore offers pre-built dashboards displaying your Zendesk Support data. You can edit and customize these pre-built dashboards by duplicating them (see Duplicating pre-built dashboards). This article will discuss the different types of reports available for each pre-built dashboard.
You can access your pre-built dashboards by clicking the Explore icon () in the Product tray. For information on the different chart visualizations shown on each dashboard, see Visualization types reference.
The Overview dashboard contains information on key metrics for your Zendesk Support. If you previously used Insights, you will notice some reporting differences between your Insights Overview dashboard and Explore.
The Overview dashboard uses the Zendesk Support Tickets and Ticket Events datasets. You can filter by date, assignee, brand, channel, group, and organization.
Overview headline metrics
Explore's Overview dashboard displays your most important metrics right at the top of your dashboard. These metrics are shown as KPI reports, so you can quickly find your results.
- First Reply Time: The median amount of time in the specified time period that it took an agent to make the first public comment after a ticket was created. The time is based on calendar hours, unless you have business hours enabled.
- Full Resolution Time: The median amount of time until tickets are fully resolved. If tickets are reopened, the time will be recalculated until a ticket returns to Solved.
- Tickets Created: The number of created tickets in the selected time period.
- Tickets Solved: The number of solved tickets in the selected time period.
- Tickets Reopens: The number of tickets where the ticket status was Solved, and then reopened into a new unsolved status.
Tickets by channel reports
There are two reports available on the Overview dashboard to help you understand the relationship between your tickets and channels.
- Tickets Created by Channel over time: You can use this report to compare the number of tickets created in each channel during the selected date range. You can use the Visualization Selector in the upper-left corner of the report to change the chart type to column, line, or sparkline. See Visualization types reference.
- Ticket channel overview: The ticket channel overview breaks down ticket activity by channel during the selected date range. You can compare Full Resolution Time and First Reply time using the X and Y axis, and determine the number of tickets created in each channel through the bubble sizes.
Ticket activity by the last year
You can use the 12 Months Tickets Created vs Solved report to analyze the ticket activity for the last year of your selected date range. In this report, the number of solved tickets is placed on a dual axis and shown as a different chart type than the # Tickets. This enables you to easily measure your results and view the differences between them. For more information on dual or secondary axes, see Adding metrics as a secondary axis.
In the upper-left corner, you can select from a column or line chart using the Visualization Selector. When you select the line visualization, # Tickets will be represented as the line and # Solved Tickets as the columns. If you select the column visualization, both their chart types and legend positions will switch.
Ticket tag usage
There is one tag report you can use to better analyze your tag usage. The Popular Tags report shows your top ticket tags used in the last and previous week. Next to the Previous 7 days column, you can easily see if there was an increase or decrease in ticket tag usage with the difference symbols.
In the Evolution column, you can view the percentage difference between the date ranges. This report can be useful to identify the frequency of important tags, such as those related to bugs.
The Agent Activity dashboard focuses on performance metrics for your agents. You can filter the Agent Activity dashboard by date, agent, and brand.
Agent activity headline metrics
- Solved Tickets: The number of tickets solved during the selected date range.
- Time Assigned: The median amount of time a tickets are assigned during the selected date range.
- Assigned tickets: The number of tickets that are assigned during the selected date range.
Agent comments and solved tickets
The Public comments vs Number of Tickets Solved report can help you analyze the ratio of an agent's comments to their solved tickets. This could be a point of concern, if an agent is making several comments on a ticket before solving. This chart uses a comparison line to help you find where the same value's results appear in the other metric. For more information on comparison lines, see Using comparison lines to highlight metric results.
Agent reassignments and status
- Assigned ticket status: The percentage of assigned tickets in each status during the selected time period. This report can help you identify any outlying results to further investigate. You can customize this report to view the number of tickets, instead of the percentage (see Creating a new query).
- Ticket Reassigns vs Ticket Solved: The number of tickets reassigned compared to the number of tickets solved during the selected time period.
The Leaderboard dashboard shows your top updaters and key headline metrics. You can filter by date, agent, brand, channel, group, and organization.
The section contains the following topics:
Leaderboard headline metrics
The Leaderboard headline metrics provide an overall glance into your three most important metrics.
- # Solved Tickets: The number of tickets solved during the selected time period.
- First Reply Time (hrs): The number of hours before an agent first replied to a ticket.
- Average Agent Touches: The average number of agent updates to tickets during the selected date range.
Using the Updaters table, you can view your leading agents and agent groups. You can view the updaters with the top first reply time in hours, solved tickets, and average agent touches. You can click the Ticket Updates Group button above the table to view the same metrics by updater group.
The Efficiency dashboard can help you analyze how efficiently agents are solving tickets, by measuring key contributing factors, such as the number of public comments and resolutions times. While other pre-built dashboards show you trends on the number of tickets you are solving, the Efficiency dashboard shows you how your agents are solving tickets.
Efficiency headline metrics
The Efficiency dashboard can help you analyze your agents' performance by using key metrics. There are six headline metrics shown at the top of the Efficiency dashboard. These metrics either display time-based or ticket activity results. Each headline metric is broken down further into a monthly report, discussed in the latter topic.
- Median First Reply Time: The median number of hours before agents respond to tickets.
- Median Time Until Assigned: The median number of hours before tickets are assigned to agents.
- Median Full Resolution Time: The median number of hours before agents fully resolve tickets.
- One Touch Tickets: The percentage of tickets solved with one public comment or less.
- Reassignments per Ticket: The number of agent assignments on tickets. This uses the Assignee Stations metric to calculate the different assignees the ticket was given to.
- Public Comments per Ticket: The number of public comments on tickets.
Efficiency monthly reports
Each headline report is broken down further into monthly results. You can hover over a data point to see the exact results for the associated month.
Below are the Efficiency time monthly reports:
- First reply time- Median - last 12 months: The median number of hours before agents respond to tickets over the last 12 months.
- Time Until Assigned - Median - last 12 months: The median number of hours before tickets are assigned to agents over the last 12 months.
- Full resolution time- Median - last 12 months: The median number of hours before agents fully resolve tickets over the last 12 months.
Below are the Efficiency ticket monthly reports:
- One Touch Tickets - last 12 months: The percentage of tickets solved with one public comment or less over the last 12 months. The percentage is based on the total for each month, not the entire year.
- Reassignments per Ticket - last 12 months: The number of agent assignments on tickets over the last 12 months. The Assignee Stations metric is used to total the number of agents a ticket is reassigned to.
- Public Comments by Ticket - last 12 months: The number of public comments made on tickets over the last 12 months.