When you create a new calculated metric, Explore uses SUM as the default aggregator but allows you to change this to any other aggregator. However, depending on the nature of the metric, you might want to use another default aggregator and deactivate aggregators that are not compatible with the metric.
The best practice is to set the default aggregator and restrict unnecessary aggregators for each newly created metric. Read this article to learn how to set a new default aggregator for a metric and restrict users from selecting specified aggregators.
To learn more about the different aggregators you can use, and how to use them, see Changing metric aggregators.
To edit a metric's default aggregator and visibility
- In Query Builder, open the data structure menu ().
- Find the metric you want to edit.
Note: You must edit the default aggregator and visibility for each metric individually. You cannot edit these options in bulk.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the metric name.
- Select Edit aggregators from the drop-down list.
- In the Default column, click the circle next to the aggregator you would like to make the default for the metric.
- In the Visible column, click the eye icon () next to the aggregator you would like to hide from viewers.
- Click Save.
The new default aggregator will automatically be applied to that metric. Any metrics you selected to hide will be removed from the metric's aggregators list.