When you add a metric to a query, Explore automatically calculates the sum of the metric results. You can change how metric results are first calculated by selecting a new default aggregator. Read this article to learn how to set a new default aggregator for a metric and restrict viewers from selecting specified aggregators.
To discover how the different aggregators calculate your results, see Changing metric aggregators.
To edit a metric's default aggregator and visibility
- In Query Builder, open the data structure menu ().
- Find the metric you want to edit.
Note: You must edit the default aggregator and visibility for each metric individually. You cannot edit these options in bulk.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the metric name.
- Select Edit aggregators from the drop-down list.
- In the Default column, click the circle next to the aggregator you would like to make the default for the metric.
- In the Visible column, click the eye icon () next to the aggregator you would like to hide from viewers.
- Click Save.
The new default aggregator will automatically be applied to that metric. Any metrics you selected to hide will be removed from the metric's aggregators list.