When you add a metric to your query, Explore will automatically calculate the sum of the metric results. You can change how metric results are first calculated by selecting a new default aggregator. This article will instruct you on how to set a new default aggregator for a metric and restrict viewers from selecting specified aggregators.
For information on how the different aggregators calculate your results, see Changing metric aggregators.
To edit a metric's default aggregator and visibility
- In the Query Builder, open the Data structure menu ().
- Hover over the metric you would like to edit.
Note: You must edit the default aggregator and visibility for each metric individually. There is no bulk update option available.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the metric name.
- Select Edit visible aggregators from the drop-down list.
- In the Default column, click the circle next to the aggregator you would like to make the default for the metric.
- In the Visible column, click the eye icon () next to the aggregator you would like to hide from viewers.
- Click Save.
The new default aggregator will automatically be applied to that metric. Any metrics you selected to hide will be removed from the metric's aggregators list.