Zendesk Explore features pre-built dashboards that display commonly required information in an easy to access format.
Any user you enable can view the pre-built dashboard, whatever their role (see Adding users to Explore). The pre-built dashboards, and the queries they contain are also useful as templates for creating new queries and dashboards.
The dashboards are read-only, but you can create editable copies of them. For details, see Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards.
Dashboards included with Explore
You can access your pre-built dashboards by clicking the Explore icon () in the product tray, then select the dashboard.
These are the dashboards that are currently included with Explore:
- Overview dashboard provides information on your overall important Zendesk Support metrics. This includes information on reply time, resolution time, solved tickets, created tickets, and reopened tickets.
- Efficiency dashboard analyzes how efficiently agents are solving tickets by measuring key ticket and time-based metrics.
- Agent Activity dashboard focuses on performance metrics for an individual agent. You must select an agent at the top of the dashboard.
- Leaderboard dashboard shows your top updaters and key headline metrics as averages. You can use this dashboard to identify your top performing agents.
- Backlog dashboard displays a snapshot of your unsolved tickets. The Backlog dashboard provides an easy way for you to view your historic data and analyze past trends.
- SLAs dashboard displays how well you are meeting your SLA policies. You must have active SLA policies to use this dashboard.
For more information about the Zendesk Support pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Support dashboard.
- Calls dashboard shows information about Talk calls that your agents made and received. You can filter reports by date, Talk number, IVR group, and the end-user's organization.
- Efficiency dashboard shows information about your agents efficiency with Talk calls. You can filter reports by date, Talk number, IVR group, and the end-user's organization.
- Agent Activity dashboard shows information about your agents activities, for example how many calls they received. You can filter reports by date, call agent, call direction, Talk number, and IVR group.
For more information about the Zendesk Talk pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Talk dashboard.
- Answer Bot dashboard shows information about Answer Bot activities, ticket resolutions, and activity by articles.
- Knowledge Capture dashboard shows information about Knowledge Capture activities including articles that were linked to from a ticket, articles that were created using the app, and agent engagement with the app.
For more information about the Zendesk Guide pre-built dashboard, see Overview of the Zendesk Guide dashboard.
Interacting with pre-built dashboards
While you cannot edit pre-built dashboards, you can use the dashboards' different interaction options to restrict which data to view and how to view it. This section will detail what the different interaction options are, and where to find them.
Users can interact with pre-built dashboards in the following ways:
Pre-built dashboards contain an overview of your Zendesk information. However, you can use filters to restrict the data shown to more specific values. For more information on filtering results, see Filtering by attribute values.
Filters are located at the top of each pre-built dashboard, for example:
Not every pre-built dashboard contains the same filters.
When you click a filter, you are given a drop-down list of values. You can choose to include or exclude specific values from the query results on your dashboard. This enables you to focus in on a specific group, channel, etc. See Filtering by attribute values. for more information.
Zendesk Explore presents your data as dynamic queries or reports, so you can quickly analyze your data. However, you might want to save the current version of the query, or view the data in a different format. You can save data shown on an individual query or an entire dashboard to your computer using the export interaction. You can use Export on either queries or dashboards.
To export a single query
- Hover over the query you want to export.
- Click the Export icon in the bottom right corner of the query.
- Select from the following export options:
- Export format: Select from either CSV, image, or Excel.
- Size: Select either a pre-set or custom size. If you select custom size, you will need to enter the width and height. If you check Keep ratio, the width or height will adjust proportionally when you change values.
- Click Export.
- Click the Export button at the bottom left corner of the dashboard.
The dashboard or query in the selected file format and size will be downloaded to your computer.
Changing chart types
For some queries on your pre-built dashboards, you can change the chart type or visualization used. This is done using the Visualization Selector feature. If a query has Visualization Selector enabled, the different visualizations a viewer can switch to are shown as icons in the top left corner of the query.
For example in the image above, the Tickets Created by Channel over time query on the Zendesk Support Overview dashboard permits you to switch between column and line charts. This gives you the flexibility to view the queries in the best visualization for you.
Editing pre-built dashboards
You can duplicate a dashboard by clicking Clone at the top of the dashboard. You can also duplicate a dashboard in the Dashboards library(), by selecting Clone from the Settings () drop-down list to the right of the dashboard name. For more detailed information on duplicating dashboards, see Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards.