When you add data to your query, the results are displayed in the original order of the defining attribute. The order is usually alphabetical, by date, or the specified order of an ordered set (see Creating sets).
You can edit how your results are sorted in the Sort section of the result manipulation menu (). The following are the available sorting options:
- Alphabetical: A to Z or Z to A.
- Numeric: Value Ascending (low to high) or Value Descending (high to low).
The Advanced option enables you to set the following parameters:
- Sort on metric selects a specific metric to sort by.
- In the order selects whether the metric is ordered by ascending or descending results.
- On calculates the sorting on Rows, Columns, or a selected attribute.
- Aggregate values sorts based on the total of results, not the first result. This option is useful for metrics that are split out over time.
- Sort totals includes totals/subtotals in the sort.