You can use groups and sets to organize your results. Sets and groups can be used in calculated elements, unlike filtered attributes. This is useful if you only want to perform calculations on specific values in an attribute.
A set is a list of selected attribute values. You can use the set calculated attribute to create a new attribute containing only specific values. You can also use sets to rename or reorder your values.
An ordered set is useful when you want to arrange values in an order that is not alphabetical or numerical. For example, you could use an ordered set to create a funnel report for ticket priority.
To create an ordered set
- In the Query Builder, click the Calculation engine icon ().
- Select the Ordered set option.
- Enter a name. In the example above, the ordered set is named Priority.
- Select your attribute.
- Drag and drop values until they are in the preferred order.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
A renamed set can be used to shorten results, create aliases, or replace technical text with more common labels. You can use renaming as an alternative to groups by giving several values the same name.
To create a renamed set
- In the Calculation engine menu, select Renamed set.
- Enter a name for your renamed set.
- Select your attribute.
- Enter the new value names in the textboxes.
- Click the Save button when you are finished renaming your values.
- Add your renamed set to your query.
- You can use groups to look at the aggregated results for an attribute values, so you can compare results at a more granular level.
- You can create multiple, exclusive groups from an attribute, so you can organize your results into a hierarchy.
To create a new group
- In the Calculation engine menu, select Group.
- Enter the group name.
- Select your attribute. This example uses the attribute Ticket Tags to create groups for each type of ticket.
- Select the values you want to add to a group.
- Click the + icon to add values to a group.
- If you want to add more values to the open group, select the values then click the right arrow. If you want to remove values from the open group, select the value then click the left arrow.
- Select the location for your values without a group. There are three options:
- Put left values into another group: Values will be placed in an other group.
- Leave as is: Values will be left as individual values.
- Remove values: Values will be removed from your attribute.
- Click the Save button when you are finished selecting your values.
- Add your group attribute to any attribute location.