By default, data interactivity is enabled on your dashboard. Viewers can use any interaction options to select and view data in customized ways (see Adding dashboard interactions). You can turn off data interactivity in the Dashboard or Query Builder.
Note: If you leave dashboard interactivity on, you cannot share your dashboard publicly. You will need to share your dashboard with selected groups (see Sharing interactive dashboards).
Data interactivity options
Below are the available interactivity options you can turn on and off.
- Filter others: Viewers can select a value from a chart to be a filter for all charts, including itself. For example, if a user selects the value Support on a chart, and adds it as a filter, all charts will show results for only Support.
- Filter others only: All charts are filtered, except the chart where the value was selected.
- Decompose: Viewers can slice results by an additional attribute on either Rows or Columns. Users can select either all or a portion of the graph to decompose.
- Drillthrough: Viewers can view and export underlying data of a chosen value. The extract contains information on all metrics, attributes, and attribute values.
- Focus: Enables viewers to zoom in on a range within a chart.
- Fullscreen: Viewers can view the dashboard in fullscreen.
- Widget slides: Viewers can view the widgets as slides in a presentation.
Turning off interactivity
You can either turn off interactivity by tab or query.
To turn off interaction options for a tab
- In your dashboard, select the Tab options menu.
- Click the Interaction options () icon.
- Uncheck the relevant boxes. The All option will automatically be selected.
- Close the Interaction options menu.
- Click Publish changes. Your changes will not be saved until you publish the dashboard.
To turn off interaction options for a query
- In the Queries library, open the query of the chart you would like to edit interaction options on.
- Click the Chart configuration icon (), then select Interactions.
- Uncheck the relevant boxes.
- Save your query.