After importing your data, your metrics and attributes will automatically be divided into folders. In the Data structure menu you can edit, move, and create new folders to organize your attributes and metrics.
You can create new folders in the Data structure menu. To add metrics and attributes to your new folder, see Moving elements.
To create a new folder
- In the Query Builder, open the Data structure menu ().
- Click the New folder icon () under either Metrics or Attributes.
Your new folder will automatically be added.
- Rename the folder by clicking the existing name or delete folders by clicking the X to the left of the folder.
Arranging folders and elements
You can rearrange the order your folders appear and move metrics and attributes between folders.
To arrange folders
- Click the Move folders icon () under either Metrics or Attributes.
Your list of folders will automatically collapse. You will not be able to expand the folders until you click the Move folders icon again.
- Click on the Move icon next to the folder name.
- Drag and drop folders into your preferred order.
- Click the Move folder icon again to return to the normal data structure view.
To move elements between folders
- In the Data structure menu, hover over the element you want to move.
- Click the Move icon to the left of the element name.
- Drag and drop metrics and attributes between folders.
Your metric or attribute will appear in the new position.
- Click the Data structure icon again to close the menu ().