After connecting to a dataset, the metrics and attributes it contains are divided into folders. In the data structure menu () you can edit, move, and create new folders to organize your attributes and metrics.
You can create new folders in the Data structure menu. To add metrics and attributes to your new folder, see Moving elements.
To create a new folder
- In Query Builder, open the data structure menu ().
- Click the new folder icon () under either Metrics or Attributes.
The new folder is automatically added.
- Rename the folder by clicking the existing name or delete the folder by clicking the X to the right of the folder name.
Arranging folders and elements
You can rearrange the order your folders appear and move metrics and attributes between folders.
To arrange folders
- Click the Move folders icon () under either Metrics or Attributes.
Your list of folders will automatically collapse. You will not be able to expand the folders until you click the Move folders icon again.
- Click on the Move icon next to the folder name.
- Drag and drop folders into your preferred order.
- Click the Move folder icon again to return to the normal data structure view.
To move elements between folders
- In the data structure menu, hover over the element you want to move.
- Click the Move icon to the left of the element name.
- Drag the element to the folder where you want it to go.
The metric or attribute will appear in the new position.
- Click the data structure icon again to close the menu.