When creating a report, you can restrict what results viewer see by selecting the values of an attribute available for each group. In the Data structure menu, you can change an attribute into a secured attribute. Secured attributes enable you to add attribute permissions, so you can limit viewers' access to different values. Secured attributes can help with security, but also prevent redundancy and inconsistency.
For example, if you need to report on individual group tags, you could create multiple dashboards for each tag. If the charts for each individual tag is the same, you would be creating and maintaining several versions of almost the same dashboard. Secured attributes enable you to create only one dashboard by limiting viewers to view only their assigned tag.
Creating a secured attribute
To create a secured attribute, you will need to select from different viewer groups. Viewer groups are automatically imported from Zendesk Support. For information on changing a viewer's group, see Adding agents to groups in the Zendesk Support help center.
- In the Query Builder, click the Data structure icon ().
- Click the down arrow next to the name of the attribute you would like to restrict access. The image below restricts access around Ticket Tags.
- Select the Security option from the drop-down list.
- Check the Is this attribute secured? box.
- In the Security rules menu, select your viewer group.
- Select the values the group is permitted to see. The example above permits the support group to view only the support ticket tag.
- Click Apply to secure your attribute.
Your viewer group will be restricted to view only the selected value. If you want to remove all attribute permissions, you can uncheck Is the attribute secured?.Note: Selecting viewer groups here only grants them rights to access data from this query. You will still need to grant access to dashboards.