In Explore, you can modify the default date fields to match the start and end dates of your organization's calendar. Fiscal attributes enable you to create new date field attributes that correspond with your calendar. Fiscal attributes work the same as imported date attributes, so you can use your calendar in custom date ranges (see Editing dates).
To create fiscal attributes
- In Query Builder, click the Data structure icon ().
- Expand the date folder from which you want to define your fiscal year .
- Click the down arrow next to any date attribute name.
- From the drop-down list select Define fiscal year.
- Check the Fiscal year for Date starts at month box.
- Choose a month. This month will define the start date for your calendar.
- Click Save.
- Fiscal year
- Fiscal quarter
- Fiscal month
- Fiscal week
You can add these attributes to queries to slice results or create calculations, time filters, and result manipulations based on your modified calendar.