When you create a query, you can add datatips to it. Datatips appear when viewers hover over a data point. By default, datatips contain the value of the data point. In the chart configuration menu, you can change the format and text in your datatips.
This article shows how to customize datatips and comparison lines. Comparison lines highlight your results by comparing metrics or displaying the difference between a data point and the highest possible value.
- In the chart configuration menu (), select Datatips.
- Check the Show datatip box.
- In the Mode drop-down list, choose either Datatips or Comparison line. A comparison line will highlight your results as shown below.
For area, dot, and line charts:
For tables, column, and bar charts:
If you select Comparison line, you can choose a custom bar or line color.
- In the datatips text box, enter the text you want to display.
- If you want to add an element from your query, select metrics or attributes from the Select an element to add drop-down list.
Note: You can only add metrics and attributes that you have added to your query. If you want to add a metric to your datatip, but do not want the results appearing on your query, you must add the metric as a datatip (see Adding metrics as datatips).
- Select the background color.
- Click the chart configuration icon again to close the menu.
You have now added and customized your datatip.