A benchmark metric enables you to create calculations that will remain visible regardless of any security permissions applied. A benchmark calculated metric will still be affected by other attributes and manipulations you add to your report. To create an unchanging average, see Fixed calculated metrics.
The image below displays the quarterly results for the metric # Tickets. A benchmark metric is added as a trend line to show the average by group.
If your attributes are secured, your viewers will still see the trend line for the overall benchmark. For more information on creating secured attributes see, Setting attribute permissions.
To add a benchmark metric
- In the Query Builder, open the Calculation engine menu.
- Select the Benchmark option.
- Enter the name of your benchmark metric.
- Benchmark metrics are written in the same language as standard calculated metrics. Explore will auto-complete formulas as you type.
- Click Save.
- Add your benchmark measure to the Metrics portion of the frame.