Result path calculations are a quick way to change how your results are presented without creating any calculations.
The result path calculation replaces your original metric results with the manipulated results. If you want to include both results, you can create a new standard calculated metric with only your metric as the formula. You can then apply the result path calculation to only one metric, so your report contains both the original and manipulated results.
- In the result manipulation menu (), select Result path calculation. All metrics currently added to the Metrics panel are displayed.
- Select a pattern for the calculation. The pattern you use will determine the type of calculation used.
Choose from the following options:
- % of total calculates the percentage each result contributes to the total.
- Difference calculates the change in number against the chosen reference point.
- % of difference calculates the change in percentage against the chosen reference point.
- % displays results as the percentage of the chosen reference point.
- Running total calculates the cumulative results, by default on SUM. The aggregator can be switched to AVG, MIN, or MAX.
- Replace empty cells Your reference can specify the result to carry forwards to the next non-empty cell.
- Rank shows the results ranked in concurrent (1,2,2,4), dense (1,2,2,3), or single order (1,2,3,4). Concurrent and dense both group values with the same result, but concurrent will skip the next ranking number. Single will assign each value a unique ranking number.
- Percentile shows the percentile of the results across the series. This pattern is useful for tracking changes in results over time.
- After you select a pattern, you can select your path. Your path indicates how the calculation is computed.
- Select a reference. A reference is the result from which a calculation is computed.
Note: If you selected the Rank pattern, you will need to select a ranking method instead of a reference. If you selected Running total, you will need to select an aggregation.
- When you are finished creating your calculation, click Apply.