The result metric calculation enables you to create calculations based on already manipulated metrics.
For example, if you want to calculate a rolling conversion rate or 'per X' calculation between two metrics, using a calculated metric might not provide you with the correct results. For example, if you are creating a report to view the tickets per replies, calculated metrics will not base calculations on the already manipulated metrics.
Below is an example of a report using calculated metrics.
To create a result metric calculation
- Open the Result manipulation menu, then select Result metric calculation
- Click Add a new metric.
- Enter the name of your metric.
- Enter your formula. You must select your metrics and functions from the drop-down next to Insert.
- If you want to only show your result metric calculation on the query, you can check the Clear used metrics box. This will hide all of your other added metrics, so only the result metric calculation is left on the query frame.
- Click the Add button to add the new result metric calculation.
- Your calculation will be automatically added to the Filters bar.
Below is the same example report, but using result metric calculation instead of a calculated metric.