Result metric calculations enable you to create calculations based on already manipulated metrics.
If you want to calculate a rolling conversion rate or 'per X' calculation between two metrics, a calculated metric might not provide you with the correct results. For example, if you are creating a report to view the tickets per replies, calculated metrics will not base calculations on the already manipulated metrics.
Below is an example of a report that uses calculated metrics.
To create a result metric calculation
- Open the result manipulation menu (), then select Result metric calculation
- Click Add a new metric.
- Enter the name of your metric.
- Enter your formula. You must select your metrics and functions from the drop-down next to Insert.
- Check the Clear used metrics box to hide all of the other metric results on your query, except for the result metric calculation. The metrics are still used in the result metric calculation, but the results will not appear in your chart.
- Click Add to add the new result metric calculation.
- Your calculation is automatically added to the Filters panel.
Below is the same example report, but using result metric calculation instead of a calculated metric.