When you have finished customizing a widget or tab, you might want to replicate it across your different reports. This can be useful if you are creating different dashboards, or tabs for different teams, but where some of the content is the same. In Dashboard Builder, you can use the copy and clone features to replicate your widgets and tabs.
In Dashboard Builder, you can copy and paste widgets to a different tab or dashboard.
- In a dashboard, select the widget you want to copy.
- Click the down arrow in the widget's upper right corner, then select Copy. You can also use your computer's keyboard shortcuts to copy the widget.
- In the new widget location, use your computer's keyboard shortcuts to paste the widget.
- For Apple Mac: Command+v
- For Windows: CTRL+v
The widget is pasted in the new location.
Instead of copying and pasting, you can duplicate an entire tab using the instructions below.
To duplicate a tab
- In the tab you want to duplicate, click the down arrow next to the tab name, then select Clone. Alternatively, click the Clone icon in the Tab options customization menu.
- In the Clone tab menu, choose to either duplicate your tab in the current dashboard or in a different dashboard. You can also select to duplicate all your queries and datasets.
- Click Clone.
You will automatically be redirected to your duplicated tab.