Explore features three user roles you can configure to help secure your reports and business information.
- Editors can create custom reports and dashboards. This is the default role assigned to new users.
- Admins have all the same abilities as editors, but can manage viewers and permissions as well.
- Viewers can view and interact with pre-built and shared dashboards.
To use Explore, each of your Support agents must be licensed for Explore. For more information, see Explore pricing.
This article contains the following topics:
Configuring user roles
When you first activate Explore, all of your agents are given the Editor role by default. You can change this role to prevent some agents from creating reports or changing permissions. You can also change the default role that new users are given.
To configure user roles
- In the Zendesk Support sidebar, click the Admin icon ().
- Select Manage > People.
- Select the user you want to configure.
- Make sure that the Explore switch is to On. You can also turn this off to stop a user from accessing Explore.
- In the Role drop-down list, choose the user role you want.
- Repeat the steps for other users you want to configure.
Changing the default user role
When you add users, Explore assigned the Editor role by default. To prevent unauthorized staff from creating and sharing reports, you can change this role both manually (see above), or change the default role for all new users. Changing this setting does not affect existing Explore users.
To change the default Explore user role
- In Explore, click the admin icon ().
- The Dashboard email delivery page opens. From the menu on this page, click the account information icon ().
- From the Default Explore role drop-down list, choose the role you want to apply by default to all new Explore users, or choose No access if you want to manually give access to new users.
- When you are finished, click Update account.